Whether or not you’re Christian, Easter is a great time to get together with your closest friends and family. A time for good food, memories, togetherness, and most importantly, delicious cocktails. At least that’s how we do it in my family.
So, whether you’re celebrating the resurrection of Christ, or just hanging with the fam, we’ve got five spring sipper ideas for you to make and serve at your celebrations on Sunday…
1. Grapefruit Mimosa
Image and recipe courtesy of YumSugar.com
8 large ruby red grapefruits
1 bottle sparkling wine or champagne, chilled
1. Juice the grapefruits and pour into a large pitcher.
2. Top with one-third to half the bottle of champagne or sparkling wine.
3. Stir, serve, and enjoy.
2. Blood Orange Negroni
Image and recipe courtesy TheCleverCarrot.com
1 oz Campari
1 oz gin
1 oz sweet vermouth
Blood orange soda (or fresh orange juice with club soda)
Clementine, thinly sliced, for garnish
1. Fill a highball glass or a rocks glass about halfway with cubed ice.
2. Combine Campari, gin, and sweet vermouth, then stir well.
3. Garnish with the clementine and imbibe.
3. Pimm’s Cup
Image and recipe courtesy of TheKitchn.com
1½ oz Pimm’s No. 1 Cup
Lemonade (or ginger ale)
Orange slice and mint leaf for garnish
1. Fill a Collins glass halfway with ice.
2. Add a few slices of cucumber and lemon.
3. Add the Pimm’s, then top with lemonade or ginger ale.
4. Stir gently and add additional ice if necessary.
5. Garnish with orange and mint, and enjoy.
4. Dark ‘n’ Stormy
Image courtesy of SimplyRecipes.com
2 oz Gosling’s Black Seal rum
4 oz ginger beer (try Regatta – it’s amazing!)
¼ lime, cut into two thick slices – one for garnish, one to squeeze over the ice
1. Fill a highball glass with ice.
2. Squeeze one lime wedge over the ice.
3. Add Gosling’s rum, followed by the ginger beer.
4. Stir lightly, garnish with the other lime wedge, and start sipping.
5. Piccadilly Punch
Image and recipe courtesy of RedBookMag.com
1 oz gin
2 oz pineapple juice
2 oz cranberry juice
1 maraschino cherry for garnish
1 lemon wheel for garnish
1. Fill a highball glass with cubed ice.
2. Combine gin, pineapple, and cranberry juice in the glass.
3. Top with a splash of sparkling water, garnish with the cherry and lime, then enjoy!
Happy Easter, everyone! Enjoy your day. I hope it’s filled with love, laughter, and lots of good cocktails!