One of their newest endeavors, the Brewers Association Beer 101 course "is essential for anyone ‘beginning’ to take craft beer appreciation more seriously." For $15 and an hour of your time, you could learn more about beer than you ever dreamed possible, and even score a certificate of completion to boot!
Through the Beer 101 course, you’ll be learning about:
- History of beer
- Brewing ingredients and processes
- Vital stats like ABV, SRM, IBU and gravity
- Beer styles
- How to taste beer
- Beer Glassware
- Beer and food pairing
There are even audio clips to support what you’re learning from craft brewers in the industry! You’ll hear wise commentary from:
- Jim Koch, Boston Beer – Getting to Know Your Beer
- Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head – Different Beer Styles
- Sebbie Buhler, Rogue Ales – Beer and Food Pairings
- Greg Koch, Stone Brewing – Ordering Beer At a Restaurant
- John Cochran, Terrapin – How Beer is Made
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking to learn more about beer. In fact, I can’t wait for class to begin.
For the record, I never thought those last 6 words would pass through my lips.
[techtags:BREWERS ASSOCIATION, BEER 101 COURSE, LEARN ABOUT BEER]