Important Update: We’ve got a winner – Hold the Rind! Check out the blog post for more info.
If you’re subscribed to our email list, you likely know about our Summer Cocktail Series. If you haven’t seen it, then I’ll just give you a brief rundown: for the remainder of this summer, we’re going to be highlighting different cocktails, and telling you everything you need to make them – ingredient lists, tools needed, preparation instructions, and so on. Thus far, we’ve highlighted Mojitos and the Tom Collins. This week, we’re doing something different. Are your creative juices flowing? We hope so…
Earlier this week, we made the delicious Watermelon cocktail that you see above. The only issue is, we don’t have a good name for it. So we’re letting you decide.
To submit your idea, you can head over to Survey Monkey, Tweet at us, or comment on either our Facebook post or the picture of the cocktail on Instagram. But don’t rush it. You only get one submission. And before you decide, be sure to check out the full recipe and preparation instructions below.
1.5 Cups Vodka (Your Favorite Brand)
1 Cup Powell & Mahoney Lemon Sour Cocktail Mixer
1 Seedless Cucumber
10-12 Mint Leaves
1. Cut off the top of your watermelon, and be sure to save the top.
2. Core out the flesh, and set it aside in a bowl.
3. Assemble your Watermelon Keg.
4. Puree watermelon flesh and a half cucumber, then strain to 3 cups of the watermelon juice. Add the juice, vodka, and Lemon Sour mix into the watermelon and stir for 10-15 seconds.
5. Cut the other half of the cucumber into thin slices.
6. Add the mint leaves and sliced cucumber into the watermelon for garnish at the top of the mixture.
7. Add 3-5 perfect ice cubes into each glass, dispense the drink from your keg, add a cucumber wheel and a few mint leaves for garnish, and enjoy!
If you’re serving the drink outside all day, you may start to see the ingredients separate. If this happens, simply remove the top, and give it another stir for about 15 seconds, and you’ll be good to go!
Now, that you know what it takes to make this delicious cocktail, it’s time for you to give it a name. Remember, you only get one try.
Make sure your entry is in by next Friday, June 12 by 11:59p EST. Good luck!