Well, the big, snowy blizzard is behind us for now. But the cold temperatures remain (in Buffalo, at least). If you’re in the mood for a cocktail this holiday weekend, but can’t imagine slurping something cold, go for a mug full of Hot Buttered Rum. It’s a company favorite that we’ve been known to whip up on snowy afternoons. And it’s absolutely delectable. Trust me!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- Dark rum
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Refrigerate mixture until almost firm.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each mug.
- Pour 1.5 – 3 ounces of rum into each mug.
- Top off the mugs with boiling water, stir well, add your garnishes, and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse via FoodNetwork.com.
If this recipe seems like too much work, but you’d love to try the drink, check out our Aspen Mulling Hot Buttered Rum Mix which only requires hot water and rum!