This time, every year, I get a bit of seasonal depression. It’s not your standard sunless, cold, winter depression… in fact, I love winter. No, this depression is best described as football-seasonal. We are now a week and a half away from the final face off, and I can’t help but get a bit teary-eyed, knowing that I’ll have to wait at least until July before succumbing again to the excitement that is my favorite professional sport.
But, it’s not over yet. The Bills’ season may be, but football itself still has its final game to play out – besides the pro bowl, of course (go AFC!). Although the Bills won’t be on the field, we Buffalonians still have something to offer football fanatics everywhere…
The ultimate football party food…
Blitzin’ Buffalo Wings
1. Buy fresh chicken wings and plenty of The Original Anchor Bar Buffalo Chicken Wing Sauce
2. For every dozen of wings (approx. 2½ lbs), you’ll need ½ cup of sauce
3. If preferred, split wings at joint and pat dry
4. Deep fry at 350º for 10-12 minutes, or bake at 425º for 45 minutes, until completely cooked and crispy
6. Put in bowl, add sauce, and toss until wings are completely covered
7. Serve with bleu cheese and celery
8. For milder taste, add extra margarine or butter
9. Wash down with plenty of cold, crisp beer
Once you’ve got your wings, you can sit back and enjoy the last Sunday of a heart-pounding, bone-crushing, beer guzzling football season.
[techtags: FOOTBALL, SUPERBOWL, BUFFALO WINGS, CHICKEN WINGS]